Te Tītoki Mataora MedTech Research Translator introduced
A new platform as part of the Te Tītoki Mataora MedTech Research Translator initiative has been introduced
Te Tītoki Mataora MedTech Research Translator is a multi-faceted national initiative focused on growing Aotearoa's deep tech sector by supporting medtech research translation capability and a pipeline of research-based business opportunities.
Within this initiative is the Healthtech Capability Programme which supports national capability building in research translation through workshops, useful tools and templates, events, and access to networks. The activities associated with the streams of work are open to researchers and the greater medtech research, clinical, and start-up communities. This programme comprises five modules – find out more here.
The Mātauranga Māori module is an essential component in achieving equity in this sector.
The Mātauranga Māori platform promotes a vision in which:
• Māori are creators and navigators in the development of next generation health technologies
• The research community is confident and equipped to engage with Māori
Events and initiatives planned for 2022 include Kaupapa Māori informed:
• Cultural competency workshops
• Project development and planning assistance
• Documentation preparation assistance (e.g. grants and ethics)
• Facilitated opportunities to engage with Māori communities/health providers
If these sound like something you would be interested in, please sign up to our mailing list here to stay up to date with this initiative and its events.
We look forward to working with you. Please feel free to contact us on [email protected] with your queries.