Wednesday, 09 September 2020 1:00pm - 2:00pm (GMT+12:00) Auckland, Wellington
We understand many organisations are faced with challenges when looking to migrate their legacy applications to the cloud. Most notably, a lack of cloud skilling, risk of business disruption and concerns around refactoring complexities.
In this Virtual event, we will outline how Azure VMware Solution (AVS) empowers customers to accelerate and simplify their journey to the cloud, by seamlessly extending or completely migrating their existing on-premises VMware applications to Azure without the cost, effort, or risk of re-architecting applications or retooling operations.
In the session we will learn:
- How our AVS offering allows you to run native VMware workloads on Azure.
- See technical demos on how you can seamlessly run, manage, and secure applications across VMware environments and Microsoft Azure with a common operating framework.
- Understand how you can capitalise on your existing VMware investments, skills, and tools while leveraging the scale, performance, and innovation of Azure
- Gain insight into how you can accelerate your cloud journey, whilst modernising your applications at your own pace.
- The session will be Level 200 or intermediate. Whilst it would be advantageous to have a good understanding of Azure and VMware concepts it is not critical.
Register now and hear how Azure VMWare Solution can accelerate and simplify your journey to the cloud.
Azure Advanced Migration, Technical Lead ANZ
Scott Holden is a Technical Specialist with Microsoft, focusing on Advanced Migration and Azure dedicated compute architecture with a focus on the Azure VMware Solution. With a mixed background between VoIP telephony, infrastructure deployment & maintenance at scale, and software development, he is a firm believer in automation and all things DevOps. He spends his nights hacking away at a plethora of side projects, and has a strong passion for open-source technology, serverless stacks, and physical and digital security.
Azure Advanced Migration, Sales Lead Asia
Richard has been working in marketing, sales and business development for more than twelve years, building and growing partner ecosystems as well as executing marketing campaigns and driving sales for some of the world’s leading technology brands.
In his current role he is focused on helping customers accelerate and simplify their journey to the cloud through Microsoft’s broad set of migration offerings.